Feeling like you need a boost of energy? Boost your energy at the cellular level. What are the best natural energy-boosting supplements you can take to boost your cellular energy?
B Vitamins Energy-Boosting Benefit
All B vitamins play a crucial role in assisting the body in their ability to turn food like proteins, fats, and carbohydrates into glucose in a process called gluconeogenesis. This glucose is then converted into energy in the form of ATP (adenosine triphosphate) inside the powerhouse of the cell, the mitochondria. You might remember learning about this energy process in school! Technically, it is known as oxidative phosphorylation.
In addition to this energy generation process, B vitamins are the building blocks to a healthy body. They have a direct impact on brain function, cell metabolism, infection prevention, and overall cell health. B vitamins are very important in the process of making and using DNA.
We have included all of these B vitamins into our new gummy! A good B-complex is very important to human health if a perfect diet is not followed. In today’s stressful and modern environment, very few of us are able to follow a perfect diet.
- B-1 (Thiamine) – also plays a role in muscle contraction and nerve signals
- B-2 (Riboflavin) – is important in body growth and blood cell production
- B-3 (Niacin) – keeps the nervous system and digestive system healthy and also assists in DNA production and repair
- B-5 (Pantothenic Acid) – assists in blood cell production and the production of cholesterol and hormones
- B-6 (Pyridoxine) – assists in production of red blood cell and neurotransmitters
- B-7 (Biotin) – essential for nervous system function and liver metabolism
- B-9 (Folic Acid) – crucial to brain function, mental, and emotional health and assist in the production of DNA and RNA
- B-12 (Methylcobalamin) – boosts energy, concentration, memory, and mood
Schisandra Berry Adaptogen
Schisandra berry has been used in Asia and Russia for generations. Schisandra is considered an adaptogen. Adaptogens are a class of substances that stimulate the body’s resistance to stressors and diseases. The phytochemicals (plant-derived) in schisandra have been shown to improve liver function and increase energy, endurance, and coordination.