If you workout, you know easy it is to dread leg day. The legs have some of the largest muscles in the body and act as a support system for your weight. Strong legs make life a lot easier, but finding exercises to strengthen your legs is difficult because of the huge variety in movements. Of course, picking up a barbell or jumping on a weight machine can strengthen your legs, but that’s not the only method available. Here’s a few easy exercises you can do quickly and without a lot of equipment to strengthen your legs and stand tall!
- Stand with your legs a little wider than hip width apart
- Lean towards your right leg and bend down as far as possible
- Use your butt to help yourself stand back up into the starting position
- Repeat the movement with your right leg
Don’t cut your lunge short, and push as far into the hip as possible to build strength. Be sure to keep your back straight and chest up throughout the movement. If you want to make the movement more challenging hold a weight or heavy object as you complete the movement.
- Stand in lunge position with one leg forward bent into a ninety-degree angle
- Explode up and switch position in the air and land with the opposite leg forward in a ninety-degree angle
This exercise makes lunges explosive and very tiring. Be sure to focus on your form, because as you get quicker you may begin to lose balance.
- Stand with your legs hip width apart
- Fall into a deep squat
- Quickly stand up and jump pulling your knees into your chest
These two dynamic movements combined together is can strengthen you legs in no time! As you do this movement more often increase speed and reps.
- Stand on one leg with the other out in front of you
- Squat down onto your leg slowly as if you were sitting in a chair
- Try to touch the back of your leg to your calf muscle
- Stand up and repeat with the other leg
This is a tough but rewarding movement! At first try it will seem impossible, but if you keep working it in to your workouts you’ll be able to strengthen your legs fast!
- Begin in a squat
- Jump as high as you can and pull your arms up as you rotate 180 degrees in the air
- Land in a squat position and bring your arms back to your side
- Repeat and move quickly
This is a fun way to strengthen your legs and pull up your heart rate. The squat will make your quads burn a bit but push your self as you move through this exercise.